Google Analytics

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Essential Cleaning Products

In the same vein as the grocery list, I guess I have a list of essential cleaning products.  But it's really much shorter.

My Essentials:
  • Dr. Bronner's (unscented)
  • White Vinegar
  • Baking Soda
  • Basic H2
  • tea tree oil
  • lemon juice
  • washing soda
  • oxiclean 
  • Murphy's Oil

My Like-to-Haves:
  • Dawn
  • Cascade
  • Tide



You see, my like-to-haves are all brand namers.  And really, I can coupon those to death and get them most of the time.  But the first list are all pretty environmentally friendly, and can do ALL THE WORK OF THE 2ND LIST.  If you are trying to save money, keep in mind-- you can make your own cleaners, and elbow grease is cheap.

Another great hint for saving money on cleaning supplies.. buy products that are concentrated.  For example, I've been using the same bottle of Murphy's Oil Wood Soap for 3 years.  Has its power diminished? Nope..  Do I use it a lot? You betcha.  And the Basic H2? 1 of the small bottles can clean everything from your driveway to your dishes.  I've been on the same bottle for a year, and am only halfway through.  Baking Soda? I bought a 5 lb bag from Sam's Club in January of 2009 that I use for both cleaning and cooking (careful not to redip and contaminate, naturally) for about $7.



So what are your go-to cleaning products? Earth-friendly or otherwise?


No comments:

Post a Comment