Google Analytics

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Easy Pork Tacos

Yes, I know I have mentioned time and time again that my husband doesn't eat pork.  That doesn't mean, however, that we never have dinner guests that do.  Which is why I bought ground pork at a deal a while back and stuck it in the freezer.

Over the weekend, my aforementioned cousin and her fiance, as well as her younger brother (my youngest cousin) came over for dinner and I made Mexican.  I had them over for dinner the same day I had a yard sale (which is why I have no pictures of the food) and had to make something easy.  Seemed like a good time for that ground pork.


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground pork
1 fresh jalapeno
1/2 large onion, chopped
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
3 tbsp. ancho chile powder


I thawed out my pork about halfway, but I don't really even think you have to do that.  I placed the onions and garlic on the bottom of the pan so that the flavor would seep up into the meat.  I then placed the meat, and on top I put the whole jalapeno and the chili powder.  Turned it on low, cooked about 6 hours.  I stirred it once or twice during the day to be sure the chili powder got mixed in well. When you stir, be careful not to break open the jalapeno.  The idea is to infuse the meat with the flavor, not to make it need-a-fire-engine hot.

The result?  A flavorful pork that was excellent in tacos.  Both of the kids were able to eat it, and the adults were able to add spice enough to suit their taste for hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment