Google Analytics

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Use for Leftovers-- Rotisserie Chicken Scramble

I have mentioned lately the need to not let food go to waste... this morning I woke up with one thing on my mind-- making a scramble.  One that involved leftover rotisserie chicken.

We bought a BBQ seasoned Rotisserie Chicken at Kroger 2 days ago- both because I prefer that seasoning and because that seasoning blend reads to be gluten-free.  We ate a bit last night with some leftover side items; I called it my clean out the fridge dinner.

This morning I cut up about half of a leftover breast and got to work making a de-licious scramble.  My husband is currently out working in the garden and I am tempted to eat his portion, so he'd better hurry up.  This was husband-friendly, but I made the kids plain scrambled eggs.

Rotisserie Chicken Scramble
1/2 chicken breast, diced (about 1/2 cup diced, cooked chicken)
2 tbsp. diced onion (how much I had in the house)
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 cup fresh shredded spinach
1 clove garlic, smashed and sliced
2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup shredded cheese
3 eggs


Melt the butter over medium-low heat in a large skillet.  Add garlic, onion, chicken, and spinach.  Cook until spinach is thoroughly wilted. In a small bowl, beat up eggs.  Pour over the mixture in the skillet.  Sprinkle with cumin. Stir regularly and add cheese when eggs are almost done. Stir up so cheese melts throughout and serve immediately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment