Google Analytics

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Laziness, Moving, and Catching Up...

For the past couple of months I have been completely slack about updating my blog. I started a new job, moved, and went through another few ups and downs that contributed to it. But now that we are somewhat settled in our new digs, I have been reinspired to work on my blog by reading on this one: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/ which is totally awesome.

I still desire a traditional diet for my family, but for several reasons we have backed off on some of it. So I will just share my cooking I am doing.

Tonight, inspired by the crockpot blog, I created a recipe, I'll have to let you know how it goes. I used:

1 LARGE carrot, diced
2 wilted pieces of celery
1/4 sliced red onion
1 large head of broccoli
4 minced garlic cloves
1/2 package grape tomatoes, washed
4 frozen chicken thighs, bone in
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tsp. dried mustard
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. sage

I layered the veggies on the bottom, chicken on the top, and set to cook on low and plan to let it cook all day. The chicken started looking rather plain towards afternoon, so I sprinkled some dry mustard and chili powder on it.

It turned out awesome!


While I am mentioning that other blog, I made her crockpot lemon chicken last night and it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment