Google Analytics

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Venison Tomato Pasta

So I had a pound of ground venison that a wonderful friend was kind enough to give me. And my daughter has decided she is only eating animals she doesn't like, which means in order to avoid a showdown, I need to disguise things. I decided to make a spaghetti-like pasta dish, which worked out really well except it disappeared so quickly I didn't get any pictures....


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground venison
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp. oregano
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch crushed bay leaves
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. rosemary
1 tsp. parsley
2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
1 can tomatoes
1 jar of marinara or bag of homemade marinara sauce
1 bag of whole wheat egg noodles


Cook ground venison with onions and garlic until venison is starting to lose the pink. Add all other ingredients except for noodles and cook on low heat for 30 minutes or so, long enough for the flavors to meld. While sauce is cooking, cook bag of pasta according to package directions. Serve with sauce on top of pasta and salad and garlic bread.

The good things about this-- the balsamic vinegar was just enough to add an unusual sweet twang to the sauce. The venison was strong enough to stand up to the other flavors so that you could get the flavor of the meet. And my daughter? She ate seconds before asking for Halloween candy for dessert (a moment in history!)




A good thing about having my blog I discovered on the next night? I couldn't find my falafel recipe after moving, and realized I could look it up here. In case anyone else should go back and make it, a couple of pointers: Falafel needs to be fried in a farely dry, well heated pan. Also, tzaziki sauce is better when made with american style vs. greek-style yogurt. (Some things you have to learn the hard way. C'est la vie..)

No comments:

Post a Comment