Google Analytics

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes

It can be done.. and without boiling them first!!

My husband is off on Wednesdays and so is working on finishing laying the tile in the kitchen floor.  Which means most likely I will not be able to walk in there come dinner time.

So I decided it needs to be an all crock pot kinda night.  So I'm making barbeque chicken, slaw, and mashed potatoes.  The slaw I prepped ahead of time.  The chicken, I threw in at 7 am.

But on to the main point-- mashed potatoes!

This is both a recipe and a how-to, as you can use this technique and flavor the potatoes however you like. For example, you could use milk & butter instead of the dressing.


Ingredients:

5 potatoes
water
3 1/2 cups ranch dressing


Scrub your potatoes, chop into small-ish cubes about 1 inch in size, and throw them into a crock pot.  Put enough water in to about half cover the potatoes, and turn it on low for 4 hours.




 After 4 hours, strain out the water and return potatoes to pot.  Pour ranch dressing into crock pot, and keep it on low for another 2 or 3 hours.  Mash in pot and serve.  I used my pestle to do the mashing  and the potatoes were so soft it only took about 30 seconds.


Now how easy was that?  If I may be so bold as to offer a hint... Use a programmable crockpot so if  you forget about the taters after the first 4 hours... they won't burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment