Google Analytics

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ranch Dressing

Now my kids both eat salad.. my two year old delights in it despite trying to avoid most things green. But one thing the hubby and both kids agree on is ranch dressing. My husband even dips pizza in it!  For a long time, bottled ranch has been a non-negotiable in my house.. the barest mention of it brought hard stares and mean looks, all pointed in my direction.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but have you ever read the ingredients of one of those bottles?  I can't pronounce half of it.  And while I do believe in salad dressing and veggie dip, I don't believe it has to be full of crap.  

Salad dressing is good for you, actually, a little fat with your vegetables helps your body absorb the nutrients.

So last night I got all experimental and made some homemade ranch dressing:

The verdict?? I WON I WON I WON!!! I never have to buy Ranch dressing again!! 

Once again, Mommy is victorious! (Good thing none of them read my blog....)

So here, go make you some:
1 cup buttermilk
3 serving spoons full of plain yogurt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. rice vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. dried dill (I dry my own.. so I had to scrunch it up tiny)
1 tsp. dried parsley
3/4 tsp. powdered garlic
tiny sprinkling of salt


Stir well. You can play around this to make it thicker (add more yogurt) tangier (add more vinegar) etc.  I'm gonna try a spicy version next. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment