Google Analytics

Monday, March 28, 2011

Rice Pudding

Now, this picture doesn't look like much, I know, but it is one of the most delicious breakfasts I have ever put in my mouth. Randomly, I was inspired to make this because someone on twitter said they were having rice toast, which really doesn't have anything to do with rice pudding.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup plain yogurt (I used homemade)
1/2 cup milk (I used goat)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cocoa powder
zest from half an orange
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. coconut oil
honey, for garnish

Directions:

Dump the rice into a small saucepan, and add milk and yogurt.  Turn the heat on low, and let simmer.  Beat your egg, add, and stir.  Add cinnamon, and cocoa powder. Zest an orange in, and add the coconut oil.  Stir until everything is well blended. Let simmer 10-15 minutes or until nice and toasty warm.  Pour into a bowl and top with a tsp (or more, to taste) of local wild honey. 

Makes 2 bowls of heavenly goodness. Oh, and gives you a great way to use leftovers, meaning you are saving money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment