Google Analytics

Sunday, December 6, 2009

T-Day Breakfast

Yes, I know I am behind, and I really know it's December, but I have to share my Thanksgiving breakfast. Since my oldest was born, I have always tried to do a special breakfast for each holiday.

This was the easiest ever! When we make pancakes, we make 2 or 3 batches, and freeze the leftovers in a large ziploc. To eat, you just pop them in the toaster oven for a few.

Anyway, for the older child, I cut out a turkey shape using a steak knife, and arranged fruit around it. Voila. And it was quite cute (if I do say so, my ever-humble self!)
Ingredients:
apple slices (red)
tangerine slices
1 raisin
1 pancake

Arrange as shown. Sure to delight an approximate 6 year old.




For the baby, I didn't want to feed a pancake, so I did the same arrangement with toast:
He was delighted too, but he's at the age where he just likes to eat. Period. He did not care one bit that it was a turkey.



No comments:

Post a Comment